[dns-operations] No public calendar for the root signingdeployment

Sebastian Castro sebastian at nzrs.net.nz
Mon Dec 14 21:25:48 UTC 2009

bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 09:30:18AM -0800, Sam Norris wrote:

<hat type="caida">
If you can detail the methodology you used to get your numbers, I can
try to extended your scope by using the DITL 2009 data.
</hat>

I did some work finding evidence of EDNS fallback[1] in the root server
traces and found it was very small percentage (0.44% of the total). Must
clarify I used a sample.

[1] EDNS fallback is the process of a client trying and retrying the
same query with EDNS enabled. After a number of retries, drops the EDNS
support and the query is not seen again. We assume the retries are
caused by the client being unable to get a response.

Cheers
Sebastian