[dns-operations] hard data on signed, truncated priming queries

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Mon Dec 14 16:22:27 UTC 2009

On 14 Dec 2009, at 15:46, bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com wrote:

> 	the data I was using to project forward was based on the public
> 	data provided by ICANN from their root server testbed...

Eh? Bill, I'm very confused now. Well, even more confused than
normal....

Your earlier message to this list said a double-digit percentage of
the priming queries that go to B will hit truncation problems if/when
the server gets the signed root. Now you're saying this finding is
based on *projections* from traffic analysis from an ICANN root server
testbed. Can you please help to clear up my confusion by answering the
following questions?

[1] Where has this data and analysis been published?
[2] Have those findings been replicated or independently verified?
[3] How do those results translate into the actual traffic root
servers get?