[dns-operations] No public calendar for the root signing deployment

Anand Buddhdev anandb at ripe.net
Thu Dec 10 14:50:54 UTC 2009

On 10/12/2009 15:05, Florian Weimer wrote:

Hi Florian,

> * Stephane Bortzmeyer:
>
>> Well, at least one root zone operator believes otherwise:
>>
>> http://labs.ripe.net/content/preparing-k-root-signed-root-zone
>>
>> Thanks to them for correct and detailed communication.
>
> Indeed, thanks.  Is there some way to provide feedback?

Yes, please do leave comments after the article.

> There seems to be an issue with the tester; the delegation for
> rs.ripe.net appears to be incorrect:

[snip]

Thanks for alerting us to this. We're investigating it.

However, for regular testing, this isn't a problem. A resolver, while
resolving the name test.rs.ripe.net should not need to query for the A
record of ns00.rs.ripe.net, so it doesn't break the test.

But we'll look at it to see why it's not working.

> I'm also curious about the plans for the DF bit in replies.
> (IMO, the only correct thing to do is to switch it off.)

I don't quite understand this. Do you mind explaining it in some more
detail?

Regards,

Anand Buddhdev
DNS Services Manager, RIPE NCC