[dns-operations] After Google Mail, Google Docs, Google Wave... Google DNS

Demos Thenes demosthenes8888 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 21:08:52 UTC 2009

>Isp's and enterprises have been anycasting and/or centralizing their
internal recursive dns servers for decades now.
>anyone who assumes similarity of network locale or geo locale between the
dns forwarder and the later tcp initiator
>is being (statistically) silly.

Oh please, you've been spouting this nonsense for decades now.  It did
indeed used to be broken in this way, but (most) ISP's have since fixed
their issues.  You're claiming that companies like Akamai and Limelight have
no business case whatsoever*; the facts disagree with you.  Patrick asked
you for the data to back up your claim, you haven't given it.  I have that
data.  You're wrong.  85-90% of resolvers are located near their customer
base.

> google has no responsibility to warn anybody that such assumptions are
silly.

When they are claiming that they are 'making the web faster,' when they are
in fact making it slower, I believe they do.

-Dem

* I do not work for Akamai or Limelight.