[dns-operations] Maybe I'm just not with it...

Joe Greco jgreco at ns.sol.net
Sun Dec 6 23:48:48 UTC 2009

Can anybody imagine what the advantage of this is?

Non-authoritative answer:
1.1.20.123.in-addr.arpa name = localhost.

20.123.in-addr.arpa     nameserver = vdc-hn01.vnn.vn.
20.123.in-addr.arpa     nameserver = hcm-server1.vnn.vn.

Appears to be that way for that /16 at least.  I can see a generic
response of some sort, but this almost seems like someone's trying
to exploit misconfigurations maliciously.

... JG