[dns-operations] After Google Mail, Google Docs, Google Wave... Google DNS

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Fri Dec 4 17:17:21 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 03, 2009 at 06:37:55PM -0500,
 Joe Abley <jabley at hopcount.ca> wrote
 a message of 27 lines which said:

> What next, null-route Yahoo! because you don't want your users
> checking their mail there? Intercept and modify coffeegeek.com
> traffic because you don't appreciate the low rating they gave your
> favourite Gaggia?

Indeed, one think that puzzles me about Google DNS: since the
resolvers are far away from my machine and are anycasted (which
complicates the detection of a hijacking), why didn't Google provide a
way to secure the link with them (such as TSIG) ?