[dns-operations] After Google Mail, Google Docs, Google Wave... Google DNS

Paul Vixie vixie at isc.org
Fri Dec 4 02:49:32 UTC 2009

> From: Joe Greco <jgreco at ns.sol.net>
> Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 14:24:23 -0600 (CST)
>
> However, that's just the cynical me.  I have to say, Google's in a great
> position to Do The Right Thing with this.  It could be a real winner for
> people who need an alternative to their poisoned-kool-aid ISP resolvers.

seems to me that isp's will just policy-route this address to their own
servers, and then let other udp/53 through.  they want eyeballs, they don't
need to irritate the small number of people who want to run their own
recursives.  by making a single big dns resolver that everybody will want
to use, google will make it easier for isp's to only pirate the traffic
they actually want to pirate.