[dns-operations] .TH signed

Patrik Fältström patrik at frobbit.se
Thu Apr 9 18:01:37 UTC 2009

9 apr 2009 kl. 18.21 skrev David Conrad <drc at virtualized.org>:

> Ed,
>
> On Apr 8, 2009, at 10:16 AM, Edward Lewis wrote:
>> At 9:51 -1000 4/8/09, David Conrad wrote:
>>> terms "full production" being bandied about -- there's a reason
>>> the ITAR is
>>> explicitly "beta". I also get a bit nervous when end users are
>>> exposed to these
>>
>> If iTAR is beta, make sure relying parties using it know so, so
>> that so they don't call our "full production" help desk. ;)
>
> itar.iana.org clearly states "beta" in bright orange letters.  Of
> course, if you get the contents of the ITAR via DLV, you may be
> missing that information, but there isn't a whole lot IANA can do
> about that.

I have followed the discussion with pleaseure and have smiled. Being
one of the DNS hosting providers that run signed zones in production
that have also had bugs in software that lead to requirement for
emergency key rollover, I can say that EVERYONE will see something
that make you sweat. So, I can not understand why people are so angry.

Just wait until you start do things for real yourself... ;-)

I hope of course people does not have to see mistakes in what they do,
but to be honest, I am NOW happy I had bugs. It made me aware for real
how to discover the problem, what works and not for fixing it etc.

If you have experienced bad stuff once, you will handle the future
better...

    Patrik