[dns-operations] Unplanned DLV zone outage on 2009-Apr-06

Florian Weimer fw at deneb.enyo.de
Tue Apr 7 16:02:59 UTC 2009

* Joe Abley:

> Can you configure multiple DLV zones on an unbound or BIND9 validator?

No, not currently (at least not directly).  I hope it's going to
change, with appropriate configuration options (including one that a
certain DLV zone trumps everything else, including).  Right now, you
could chain multiple recursive views to obtain a similar effect (at
least for some configurations).

There are technical reasons for only supporting one DLV zone per
recursive view and subtree.  But I can understand people who think
that the current, vendor-centric approach stinks.