[dns-operations] rfc compliance of a radsec approach?

Gilles Massen gilles.massen at restena.lu
Fri Oct 17 14:33:18 UTC 2008

> 	Specifying that a name including one or more underscores should own
> 	an address record (of whichever flavour) will offend those (among
> 	whom, myself) who hold the (arguably religious) position that the
> 	underscore is not allowed in a host name.

And my religion seems close to yours. But playing devil's advocate I'd say
that this is not a hostname, only a string used to look up the IP address of
a host which would be named completely different.

But you're quite right, if DNS implementations disagree, it would be a
dangerous road to take...

Best,
Gilles

--