[dns-operations] renesys blog: Identity Theft Hits the Root Name Servers

Matthew Pounsett matt.pounsett at cira.ca
Thu May 22 14:50:51 UTC 2008

On 21-May-2008, at 13:22 , Peter Koch wrote:

> PS: FWIW, having changed a TLD server's address recently, experiences
>    are similar, even though no "hints" are involved.

I've seen this as well.   After renumbering a couple of TLD servers
I've witnessed queries continuing to come in to the old addresses
several months beyond the TTL of the zone's NS records.  In both cases
we gave up on waiting for the queries to disappear and decommissioned
the old servers while queries were still coming in.