[dns-operations] Statistics from Austria (was: DNS issue accidentally leaked?)

Otmar Lendl ol at bofh.priv.at
Thu Jul 24 14:26:31 UTC 2008

On 2008/07/24 15:07, Ray.Bellis at nominet.org.uk wrote:
> > http://cert.at/static/cert.at-0802-DNS-patchanalysis.pdf
>
> Otmar,
>
> That's a good report, albeit one with depressing results.

Thanks, and yes, the numbers don't look nice at this time. We're banging
on the PR drums right now and calling up ISPs, so we expect some progress
within the next days.

So yes, Stefan, we will continue to monitor the trend and we will
publish updates.

> Did you filter out any queries with RD=1, on the basis that a real
> recursive resolver should only send queries with RD=0 ?

No. The logs we are operating with don't even contain that
information.

/ol
--
-=-  Otmar Lendl  --  ol at bofh.priv.at  -=-