[dns-operations] Reporting glue as authoritive data -- Bug!

Edward Lewis Ed.Lewis at neustar.biz
Thu Jan 31 16:02:11 UTC 2008

I don't follow this at all, but I encourage that you take this from
the mailing list and put it into a reviewed, archived, and
distributed document such as an RFC.

Are you saying that I could register "lurekiddies.example" with
"www.childporn.com" as a name server, resulting in my issuing answers
that have the address for www.childporn.com in the answer section?
Or that it would convince COM to have the glue?

example's servers wouldn't have the glue for www.childporn.com, so
hybrids wouldn't be sent, lame server answers would.

com wouldn't have that record unless there was a com delegation that
claiming www.childporn.com as a server.  I assume (without knowledge)
that COM no longer allows/carries glue in undelegated space (there
was a time when).  I don't know about policies regarding using names
in delegations.

I'm just writing trying to follow your point.