[dns-operations] Reporting glue as authoritive data -- Bug!

Peter Koch pk at DENIC.DE
Wed Jan 30 14:42:53 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 09:10:37AM -0500, Edward Lewis wrote:

> Nevertheless, I think it is worth documenting this message.  Right
> now I don't have the time, I want to knock out AXFR first.  Is there
> a problem documenting current, observed, in existence operational
> behavior?

it is "documented" in section 6.2 of draft-koch-dns-glue-clarifications-03.txt.
Unfortunately there's no clear indication whether the insisting resolver
is still in wide enough use.  Last I heard was that the effect would be
triggered by the last authoritative server switching from "old" to "new"
(referral only) behaviour.

-Peter