[dns-operations] Reporting glue as authoritive data -- Bug!

Lutz Donnerhacke lutz at iks-jena.de
Tue Jan 29 22:16:19 UTC 2008

* Edward Lewis wrote:
> Documenting these responses would be the responsible thing to do.  No
> one has taken this on.  I don't see the harm in legitimizing them,
> whatever that means.  Perhaps once we rid the network of broken
> resolvers we don't need to see these responses.  But since when has
> the Internet relied on an attitude that every one has to march to the
> same beat?  Whatever happened to "be liberal in what you accept?"

I have the problem in the other direction. The response of glue as
legitimate answers is not accepted by my resolver (DNSSEC validation on).
The reason to ask here is a report from a friend who's resolver assumed the
answer to complete and therefore was unable to resolve his own domain.

So I have to choose to make the new implementation bugward compatible or not.