[dns-operations] DNS zone transfers are now illegal in North Dakota?

Eric Brunner-Williams brunner at nic-naa.net
Thu Jan 17 17:10:40 UTC 2008

Paul Vixie wrote:
> ...      .  by analogy, just because i leave my car unlocked and my keys on
> the seat doesn't mean i invite unknown third parties to drive my car around.
The car is a single indivisible tangible asset. a third party taking
possession excludes use by the owner, and all other parties, at least
for the duration of the joy ride, as well as tangible resources consumed
(wear and tear), intangible resource consumed (insurance, reputation),
and value earned (taxi service fees, newspaper and groceries home
delivery fees, etc.). The zone transfer is neither unique, tangible, nor
is the owner, or any other party excluded from the intended use of zone
transfers by any particular instance of a zone transfer (intentional
implementation crashing instances excepted, of course).

Eric