[dns-operations] Delegation checking

Niall O'Reilly Niall.oReilly at ucd.ie
Sun Jan 13 17:21:00 UTC 2008

On 10 Jan 2008, at 04:43, Randy Bush wrote:

>> in other words, are we looking at this wrong, saying that lameness
>> is a
>> parent's problem?  maybe if we say it's a child's problem, and do
>> what we
>> can to help zone operators run better child zones, our part can be
>> bigger?
>
> i am uninterested in the sisyphean task of fixing the root, if it
> actually needs fixing, which i hope not.

	Come off it, Randy!  That's a distraction from Paul's point.

> i feel responsible for those
> zones i have delegated to me and which i delegate.

	I'm sure _you_ do.  8-)

	I understand you to imply that others in a similar position to yours
	should bear a corresponding responsibility.  I see it as a part of
	that responsibility to demand, and exact, the appropriate service
	from whoever is responsible for the supporting zones, either closer
	to the root or between the root and out-of-zone authority servers.

	I agree with Paul that the child has an interest in this, and may
	wish to drive the process.

	/Niall