[dns-operations] Delegation checking (was: Re: Some DNSSEC trivia)

Patrik Fältström patrik at frobbit.se
Thu Jan 10 07:15:01 UTC 2008

On 10 jan 2008, at 03.51, Michael Monnerie wrote:

> Has anybody got estimations or real numbers about how many problems
> would be solved, how many domains would not meet requirements, and
> what
> this would help to save the planet?

Yes, today in .SE, about 20% of the delegations have some kind of
problem. I think with some help, pushing etc, that number can go down
to 10%. Reaching a lower percentage is hard due to the (a)
disagreement on what is correct or not, (b) contractual arrangements,
(c) discussions about roles and responsibilities, (d) the high churn,
(e) domains that are in transfer, (f) domainers and tasters that have
no interest in having good data in DNS -- and noone have time and
energy to chase them.

So yes, 10%, but I think we can reach that without any enforcement
that Mark is talking about.

    paf