[dns-operations] Delegation checking (was: Re: Some DNSSEC trivia)

Paul Vixie paul at vix.com
Thu Jan 10 04:24:11 UTC 2008

> 	ISC does its part.  We make it very hard to load bad data
> 	into DNS.  We enforce what is practical to enforce in a
> 	nameserver.

maybe we could add an option, defaulting to off, that would have a server
periodically walk the tree from the root to itself, checking for above/below
deltas across each delegation, and checking for lameness?

in other words, are we looking at this wrong, saying that lameness is a
parent's problem?  maybe if we say it's a child's problem, and do what we
can to help zone operators run better child zones, our part can be bigger?