[dns-operations] Some DNSSEC trivia

Florian Weimer fweimer at bfk.de
Thu Jan 3 09:03:02 UTC 2008

* Ralf Weber:

> There are building blocks and a lot can be automated, but there is AFAIK
> no complete and simple solution for DNSSEC deployment. If DNSSEC was a
> option in the zone configuration and deployment was nearly as easy as
> normal DNS we could see more people giving it a try.

Updating delegations and glue records isn't widely automated, either,
only for very specific parent zones.  Managing slaves can be a hassle,
too.  Does DNSSEC really add that much additional overhead?

--
Florian Weimer                <fweimer at bfk.de>
D-76133 Karlsruhe             fax: +49-721-96201-99