[dns-operations] Where to find "DNS resolution path corruption"?

David Ulevitch davidu at everydns.net
Wed Feb 20 18:38:32 UTC 2008

Paul Ferguson wrote:

> - -- Mark Andrews <Mark_Andrews at isc.org> wrote:
>
>> 	ISP's shouldn't be re-writing NXDOMAIN without the consent
>> 	of the client.  I suppect it could be classed as a criminal
>> 	act to do so w/o the client's consent.
>
> Thank you for mentioning this -- it is a important issue that I
> think is largely dismissed, and unjustly so.

Now that they actively acknowledge they do things to "manage their
network" like send RST for bittorrent flows I doubt anyone would
consider it illegal.

They are going to argue it's for a better {security|experience} or
something, but illegal?  I doubt it.  In fact, they'll use your own
words to make it sound right.

This is like a slow moving train coming from a 100 miles away...

-David