[dns-operations] Where to find "DNS resolution path corruption"?

Simon Waters simonw at zynet.net
Fri Feb 15 13:02:59 UTC 2008

On Friday 15 February 2008 11:11, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

> I'm specially interested in
> the claim "4 percent, or 68,000 of them [the ORNS]

That is "0.4%" in the original Dark Reading article, you just made the
scaremongering 10 times worse ;) (0.4% would give 68,000 from 17 million).

They say ".4", without the leading zero which makes it easy to misread.

I doubt 0.4% is significantly different from in the past (although I don't
have figures to prove that assertion), when accidental poisoning episodes
were pretty common due to poorly designed and implemented resolvers.

I'm willing to believe botnet operators are getting interested in DNS.