[dns-operations] AAAA root-servers.net records now live?

Anand Buddhdev anandb at ripe.net
Mon Feb 4 19:59:37 UTC 2008

On Monday 04 February 2008 20:50:24 Duane Wessels wrote:

> Looks like the AAAA records are now live.  I'm not seeing any
> significant change in traffic patterns at F-root (via DSC).  Anyone
> know exactly when they were first served?

Until yesterday, we used to get a handful of queries at K-root. This
morning, the rate went up to around 15 q/s (probably due to people
manually configuring their resolvers). Finally, when the AAAA records were
introduced into the root zone just after 17h00 UTC, the rate went up to 90
q/s.

--
Anand Buddhdev
DNS Services Manager