[dns-operations] whois location standard

Marco d'Itri md at Linux.IT
Tue Aug 26 17:25:06 UTC 2008

On Aug 26, Ond??ej Surý <ondrej.sury at nic.cz> wrote:

> I don't see that as a big problem.  You just need to define that for n-th
> level domain whois client has to ask n-1-th whois server, ie.:
As the developer of a widely used whois client, I want to say that
working on this is a pointless effort unless the large majority of TLDs
will adopt it. I suspect that only a few important well-run TLDs will
use it (as it happened for the precedent proposal), and they already
have stable names for their whois server so just adding indirection does
not provide any advantage over the current list of servers embedded in
the client.

--
ciao,
Marco