[dns-operations] DNSSEC and Split DNS?

Andrew Sullivan ajs at commandprompt.com
Wed Aug 20 18:23:09 UTC 2008

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 01:14:37PM -0400, Eric E Eskam wrote:
> We just recently split our DNS - and now there is an impending mandate for
> the federal government (.gov) to implement DNSSEC.  In starting to do some
> research, it's beginning to look like we will have to un-split our DNS and
> move back to a flat namespace again.  I say it's looking like it because I
> have found documentation that is not clear.
>
> Is there anything that conclusively talks about DNSSEC and split DNS?  Is
> there also a good comprehensive resource for DNSSEC?

There was an Internet-Draft (in dnsop, I think) that was about
split-view DNS and DNSSEC.  It had some useful remarks in it,
although I thought it needed a lot of work (and had a bunch of stuff
that needed to be broken out of it).   It's at
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-krishnaswamy-dnsop-dnssec-split-view-04.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at commandprompt.com
+1 503 667 4564 x104