[dns-operations] DNSSEC support in Microsoft Windows products

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Tue Aug 19 19:24:59 UTC 2008

> M$ claims to have supported a limited implementation of DNSSEC since
> late 2004. However, you must edit the registry to enable it.
>    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc779943.aspx

I looked at that and followed the links from there. It is obsolete.

See RFC 4034 which says:

   This document obsoletes RFC 2535 and incorporates changes from all
   updates to RFC 2535.
      [RFC3755] also marked type 30 (NXT) as Obsolete and restricted use
      of types 24 (SIG) and 25 (KEY) to the "SIG(0)" transaction
      security protocol described in [RFC2931] and to the transaction
      KEY Resource Record described in [RFC2930].

(Searching at above website can't find RRSIG or NSEC or DNSKEY.)