[dns-operations] Concerns regarding the ICANN/IANA DNS vulnerability checker

Barbara Roseman barbara.roseman at icann.org
Mon Aug 11 15:29:44 UTC 2008

Florian,

Just to be clear, ICANN did reach out to all the ccTLDs and gTLDs that exhibited vulnerabilities in the weeks prior to Kaminisky's presentation. A significant number of them were able to patch before his talk. For many of the remaining TLDs with authoritative name servers that are still vulnerable, several secondaries are not directly under the control of the TLD managers and we're working with them to find appropriate and timely solutions.

-Barb
--
Barbara Roseman
General Manager, IANA