[dns-operations] getting closure on dnscap option set

Andrew Sullivan andrew at ca.afilias.info
Fri Sep 21 19:21:30 UTC 2007

On Fri, Sep 21, 2007 at 06:52:26PM +0000, Paul Vixie wrote:
> > little p is for port.
>
> the previous proposal was to change that to -u.

I think the objection to that is that it's completely unexpected (is
that what the u stands for? ;-) But I don't have a strong opinion --
given that some people use -p for port, and others use -p to mean "not
promiscuous" (what we really need to do is go back in time and fix
that decision, but never mind that), you already have to do -? (or is
that -h) on everything to figure out what the options _really_ are.  I
don't think you can make everyone happy.

<andrew at ca.afilias.info>                              M2P 2A8
jabber: ajsaf at jabber.org                 +1 416 646 3304 x4110