[dns-operations] All dual-stack DNS servers - any problem with it?

Geoffrey Sisson geoff at nominet.org.uk
Thu May 17 15:18:23 UTC 2007

Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer at nic.fr> wrote on 2007-05-16 14:11:17:

> On Wed, May 16, 2007 at 02:42:21PM +0200,
>  Ond?ej Surý <ondrej.sury at nic.cz> wrote
>  a message of 25 lines which said:
>
> > we are going to have all of our nameservers running with both IPv4
> > and IPv6 glue records very soon.  Is there anything we should be
> > aware of?
>
> We did so several years ago and it seems the earth is still there and
> french cheese still delectable.

Stephane, the following auth v4 name servers for .fr appear to not
have AAAA RRs:

a.ext.nic.fr
b.ext.nic.fr
c.ext.nic.fr
e.ext.nic.fr
e.nic.fr

Was there a period when all v4 name servers had corresponding
AAAA RRs?  Or were you referring to one of AFNIC's other ccTLDs?
Or perhaps another domain?

Geoff