[dns-operations] Nominum Enables Broadband Providers to Deliver New Subscriber Services with Vantio NXR

Florian Weimer fw at deneb.enyo.de
Thu May 17 09:24:46 UTC 2007

* Paul Vixie:

> Nominum Enables Broadband Providers to Deliver New Subscriber Services with
> Vantio NXR
>
> May 15 2007
>
> Software delivers responsible provider-controlled Web error redirection to
> enhance subscriber Internet experience and generate new revenue

> http://www.nominum.com/popupPressRelease.php?id=396

I'm not sure what's so "responsible" about this.  Why is it better
than OpenDNS, Sitefinder, or real domain name registrations?

The motivation of the brand owners who are supposed to fund the ads
still puzzle me, too.  It's somewhat risky for all the parties
involved if the user has entered something that clearly looks like a
Citibank domain name, and receives ads redirecting him to Bank of
America, for instance.