[dns-operations] Client retry behavour?

David Conrad drc at virtualized.org
Wed May 9 16:20:19 UTC 2007

On May 9, 2007, at 9:07 AM, Paul Vixie wrote:
> i've been thinking for about a decade that we need a blast protocol
> for the
> stub resolver.

I think the assumptions that went into the creation of a 'stub
resolver' should probably be revisited in the face of much more
powerful machines and more memory.  With the exception of (some)
embedded devices and given the Xeno's Paradox dream of deploying
DNSSEC, I suspect it would make more sense for most everybody to run
a local caching server (or "full resolver" or "recursive nameserver").

Rgds,
-drc