[dns-operations] friday version of dnscap

Florian Weimer fw at deneb.enyo.de
Mon May 7 13:34:42 UTC 2007

* Paul Vixie:

> what's your advice, then?  if i remove the "-g" feature and recode ns_put32
> to be a macro call, then the libbind dependency will go away.  or, i could
> put a copy of libbind into the dnscap tarball.

Where does dig get its output routines from?  It doesn't appear to
link against libbind.  Has it got its own copy?

>From a distribution maintainer's point of view, duplicating the code
is a bad idea, especially since it's exposed to network traffic.  If a
problem comes up, we want to issue a single update (well, for each
supported branch).  Hunting down all copies of zlib was quite painful.