[dns-operations] Is anyone aware of the Community Secondary DNS server project...

Joe Abley jabley at ca.afilias.info
Wed Mar 21 01:26:31 UTC 2007

On 20-Mar-2007, at 22:30, Steve Gibbard wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Mar 2007, Paul Vixie wrote:
>
>>> I hadn't heard of this either.  Several ccTLDs have been discussing
>>> setting up something like it, but as far as I know that is quite
>>> some
>>> time away from operation.
>>
>> as most of you know, isc does this today, and as some of you know,
>> we're
>> expanding the footprint to include anycast for those TLDs who want
>> it.
>
> PCH does too, already anycasted in ~30 locations.  We're happy to
> add more
> TLDs or more locations as requested.
>
> (This isn't an either/or choice between ISC and us; several TLDs
> increase
> redundancy by using both).

For further completeness, anybody with a zone close in delegation
distance to the root who desires greater operational, topological or
geographical diversity in its NS set would do well to ask for
assistance on this list. There are subscribers on most continents who
are happy to donate authoritative nameservers to the cause, in
addition to the fine services operated by both PCH and ISC. Ask and
ye shall receive.

Joe