[dns-operations] Verizon Online to Trial New Web Search Service to Reduce Error Messages

Paul Vixie paul at vix.com
Thu Jun 21 17:58:42 UTC 2007

> > ... pleased with it: fiber right to my house and 5 Mb down/1.5 Mb up for
> > about USD 35/month.  (Up to 15 Mb down is available for not much more...)
>
> in the developed countries, 100mb up/down over etth is about that price.
> broadband pricing in the states is embarrassing.

is that 100Mbit/sec to other customers and to the provider's own proxies, but
far less than that if talking to the adjacent country or crossing a pond,
since 100K homes at 100Mbit/sec probably overcommits their upstream and/or
peering connections by 10000X?

(i know this is offtopic, but i've been curious ever since @Home started up.)