[dns-operations] dnscap -s

Anand Buddhdev anandb at ripe.net
Wed Jul 18 10:08:12 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 18 July 2007 06:28, Paul Vixie wrote:

> in an attempt to clean some stuff up before caida/wide, ietf, and oarc
> (all happening in chicago this weekend), i've added the promised -s
> option to dnscap.
>
>      -s          Synchronize the dump files to begin at the top of
> their interval.  So, -s -t 3600 would make every dump file start at the
> beginning of a wall clock hour, even if the first dump file was
> therefore shorter than the rest.

Hi Paul,

I can't compile this latest version on Linux. I have attempted to build it
on CentOS 4.4 (A RedHat 4.4 clone) and Ubuntu Feisty Fawn (7.04). I get
this error on both:

dnscap.c: In function 'dl_pkt':
dnscap.c:964: warning: cast discards qualifiers from pointer target type
make: *** [dnscap.o] Error 1

I'm not really a C programmer, so I don't know what that error means, and
how to fix it.

--
Anand Buddhdev
System Engineer, DNS Services Group