[dns-operations] World's first commercial service for DNSSEC launched in Sweden

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Fri Feb 16 16:00:29 UTC 2007

Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer at nic.fr> writes:

> On Fri, Feb 16, 2007 at 04:25:09PM +0100,
>  Anne-Marie Eklund-Löwinder <Anne-Marie.Eklund-Lowinder at iis.se> wrote
>  a message of 43 lines which said:
>
>> Well, that's quite another story. That's probably happens because I
>> am using plain-text signatures together with Swedish diacritics, and
>> on top of that, Outlook. :-)
>
> This one worked, probably because it was sent directly to me, which
> seems to indicate that the MLM, not your MUA, was the culprit.
>
> In any case, it is a good indication of the type of problems we'll
> have when DNSSEC will be deployed :-)

Actually that analogy doesn't hold fully.  The PGP signature that were
used by Anne-Marie doesn't conform to the IETF-standardized
PGP-in-mail format, i.e. RFC 2015/3156.

If RFC 3156 were used, the signature should have worked fine, even for
non-ASCII characters such as 'ö'.

This does not mean that DNSSEC as standardized by the IETF will work,
though... ;-)

/Simon

Btw, the second signature were good here too.  It was ASCII only.
Let's see if this non-ASCII properly signed e-mail goes through..