[dns-operations] A new (bad) idea for DNS: Distributed DNS Implementation in IpV6

Rodney Joffe rjoffe at centergate.com
Fri Dec 7 20:49:24 UTC 2007

hey Niall,
On Dec 7, 2007, at 8:57 AM, Niall O'Reilly wrote:

> On 7 Dec 2007, at 14:12, Rodney Joffe wrote:
>
>> I'm sorry, I think I may be misunderstanding. How does the size of
>> the
>> IPv6 address space affect the Root DNS ?
>
> 	Checking the archives of dnsop at ietf.org may help avoid duplication
> 	here on dns-operations ...

I appreciate the suggestion. But the subject was introduced on this
list. And much as I try, I cannot understand why adding IPv6 will make
much difference to the existing 3,000 records in the root zone. And
given the fact that we're talking about address space and not name
space, delegation may mean there is increased load down the tree. But
not much at the top, which is where Lutz is pointing (the "Root").

enjoy your weekend as well :-)

/rlj