[dns-operations] Web Proxy Auto-Discovery (WPAD) Information Disclosure

Simon Lyall simon at darkmere.gen.nz
Tue Dec 4 06:42:55 UTC 2007

On Tue, 4 Dec 2007, Rickard Dahlstrand wrote:
> Most of the wpad.tld domains are already reserved like this one
> http://wpad.com/ It's amazing that when they fixed it for .com etc. a
> while back they missed that there where two-level tld-domains.

I remember hearing about the person who used to own wpad.co.nz . Most of
the time they kept it offline due to the huge amount of traffic it
attracted

I should check the DNS logs at work to see how many queries it gets these
days.

--
Simon J. Lyall  |  Very Busy  |  Web: http://www.darkmere.gen.nz/
"To stay awake all night adds a day to your life" - Stilgar | eMT.