[dns-operations] FreeBSD and the slaving of the root zone

Paul Vixie paul at vix.com
Thu Aug 2 18:02:54 UTC 2007

> > So I agree that the change should be backed out, but not because it
> > was thrust upon sysadmins.
>
> Anyone who runs a box is a sysadmin, even for his own personal
> workstation.  The caching-only thing a lot of users do is key.

also, while this isn't a freebsd mailing list, i want to say that saying
"no" to mergemaster when it wants to import some change from the mothership
is a wizardly activity, and commits a boxowner (sysadmin) to saying no to
this and related/dependent changes throughout the future.  every time i say
"no" i kick myself for the future workload i just bought myself.