[dns-operations] FreeBSD and the slaving of the root zone

Roland Dobbins rdobbins at cisco.com
Thu Aug 2 17:18:45 UTC 2007

On Aug 2, 2007, at 4:04 AM, Doug Barton wrote:

> FWIW, I sent messages today to the operators of all 5 axfr'able roots
> asking if they would like to be removed from the FreeBSD named.conf.

The issue isn't about the roots, per se.  The issue is about making a
radical change to default behavior without any kind of wider
consultation with the operational community.

Sysadmins don't like this kind of change being thrust upon them as a
default, and the last place they expect to see something of this sort
is FreeBSD.  Please back these changes out of FreeBSD.

Roland Dobbins <rdobbins at cisco.com> // 408.527.6376 voice

	Culture eats strategy for breakfast.

            -- Ford Motor Company