[dns-operations] FreeBSD and the slaving of the root zone

David Malone dwmalone at maths.tcd.ie
Wed Aug 1 21:05:02 UTC 2007

On Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 07:45:58PM -0700, Doug Barton wrote:
> Paul mentioned some questions he asked David Malone that he didn't
> provide answers for. If those questions haven't been addressed in this
> thread yet I'd be curious as to what they are. And FWIW, yes, David
> mentioned to me that his paper wasn't received with universal acclaim.

Just to note, that I do remember talking to Paul about the paper,
but I don't remember his questions. The trip to the OARC meeting
was rather memorable for me, as my wife and I contracted scabies
on the trip. It's quite possible that I forgot the questions as a
consequence of the itching and sleepless nights ;-)

If there are questions that I can help answer, then I'd be glad to
help (I still have the original data, though it is rather stale
now). I did my best to address all the points that I could think
of in the paper, and there are certainly important questions that
fall outside the area where I have any useful experience.

	David.