[dns-operations] "Top 20 DNS server map shows US internet dominance" (pingdom)

Peter Koch pk at DENIC.DE
Thu Apr 26 07:48:32 UTC 2007

> It's also striking how wrong their results look for Europe, or for East
> Asia.  But when measuring something that's only incidentally related to
> what they claim to be studying, I don't suppose that's surprising.

"The data from Ipwalk is based on the .com, .net, .org, .biz and .info TLDs."

Ever heard of ccTLDs?  Ever heard of anycast? Ever thought that "a domain"
does not necessarily map to a single location?

-Peter