[dns-operations] k.root-servers.net

Simon Waters simonw at zynet.net
Tue Apr 10 13:24:24 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 10 April 2007 11:57, Roy Arends wrote:

>  From 'hostname.bind chaos txt' it appears that the k.root anycast
> node I'm talking to is 'k2.linx'. It appears that this node is an NSD
> 2.2.1 instance.

The recursive server reporting the errors is also using the same server.

Seems possible it is something local then, if others aren't seeing it.

The only "odd" thing we have infront of this box is a Linux based traffic
shaper, but that shouldn't affect incoming packets. Otherwise bog standard
Debian Sarge, and a stock 2.4.27-2-386 kernel.

However so far the error is only ever against the K root packets (or alledged
k root packets!).

There aren't terribly many of these packets, but I guess I could ask the
traffic shaper to keep an eye out for any.