[dns-operations] [Nst] A Case Against DNSSEC (A Matasano Miniseries)

Roland Dobbins rdobbins at cisco.com
Thu Apr 5 01:36:24 UTC 2007

On Apr 4, 2007, at 5:06 PM, Andrew Sullivan wrote:

> The second thing is that this _does_ create two classes of Internet
> user (I suppose a better analogy is "two classes of Internet
> neighbourhood"): those who get "shielded" and those who don't.  I
> don't know whether I think this is good or bad, but it is something
> one had better acknowledge, I think -- and certainly is something one
> oughtn't to deny.  Whether there is a practical effect of that
> two-class arrangement I don't know.

Improving the qualitative security/availability of the DNS
infrastructure for any group/class/number of users without breakage
is an unalloyed good, I don't see how one could think otherwise?

Roland Dobbins <rdobbins at cisco.com> // 408.527.6376 voice

         Words that come from a machine have no soul.

                       -- Duong Van Ngo