[dns-operations] A Case Against DNSSEC (A Matasano Miniseries)

Andrew Sullivan andrew at ca.afilias.info
Wed Apr 4 17:23:27 UTC 2007

On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 09:21:34AM -0700, Rodney Joffe wrote:

> fewer than the equivalent of 30 servers. But it needs a philosophical
> change in attitude that the protectors of those users have to make.

Being as the waving of the word philosophy in this discussion is like
a red flag to me, I'm moved to ask, "Which philosophical change is
contemplated?"  So far, as near as I've been able to tell, the
philosophical change proposed is, "Those we don't know get poorer
service."  Whether that is actually a change in attitude to the way
most of the Internet actually works is not an obviously settled
question; but I'm just trying to understand whether that's really the
proposal.

<andrew at ca.afilias.info>                              M2P 2A8
jabber: ajsaf at jabber.org                 +1 416 646 3304 x4110