[dns-operations] A Case Against DNSSEC (A Matasano Miniseries)

Joe Abley jabley at ca.afilias.info
Wed Apr 4 14:13:44 UTC 2007

On 3-Apr-2007, at 16:32, Rodney Joffe wrote:

> Matt, as I described in 2002, and since then repeatedly, scale
> cannot solve this problem. The protocol doesn't allow this, and *no-
> one* (proven by Akamai in 2004) has enough resources, systems and
> bandwidth, to cope with the bandwidth saturation that UDP enables.
> I'm happy to prove it again.

Before you attempt to do so, it would be good to have a clear problem
statement. Between your use of the phrase "control plane" and
subsequent elaboration (which, in contrast, seems entirely focussed
on the data plane) I am left with no confidence that I understand
what problem you are proposing needs a solution.

Joe