[dns-operations] On-going Internet Emergency and Domain Names

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Mon Apr 2 09:34:18 UTC 2007

On Sun, Apr 01, 2007 at 06:14:01PM +0200,
 Florian Weimer <fw at deneb.enyo.de> wrote
 a message of 35 lines which said:

> The basic issue, as I understand it, is that zone operators don't
> want to serve the DNSSEC-enabled zone from their regular name
> servers.  They'd rather want to set up a completely separate
> infrastructure.
>
> Stephane can probably explain it better.

In case where it's me :-) I certainly cannot speak for all zone
operators. AFNIC currently does not sign ".fr" on the regular
nameservers, only on a separate set of nameservers, not because it is
a proper way, but because DNSSEC is not a production service for us,
just an experimentation.