[dns-operations] "EarthLink Criticized for DNS Redirects"

John Kristoff jtk at ultradns.net
Fri Sep 15 14:59:22 UTC 2006

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 07:22:15 -0700
"Barry Greene (bgreene)" <bgreene at cisco.com> wrote:

> So is this a trend? There has been talk among SPs I've been working

Yeah it's a trend, the same trend as all the other attempts to limit
the transparent flow of packet data, usually in the name of security
and various incarnations of "inappropriate use" as defined by those
who control the access medium.

It's the continued redesign towards the mainframe/terminal architecture,
albeit very poorly and with much more sophisticated terminals this time.
That this sort of Internet "feature creep" happens isn't suprising, a
bit sad in my view, because overall things seem to be degrading in as
much as they are improving, but not surprising.

John