[dns-operations] DNS : A System in Crisis

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Fri Sep 15 08:49:44 UTC 2006

[Warning 1 : I just forward, I do not approve.]

[Warning 2 : drink your coffee before reading, the risk of spilling it
in anger or surprise is high.]

http://about-networksolutions.com/DNS-A_System_in_Crisis.pdf

EXPERT ANALYSIS RECOMMENDS KEY SECURITY CHANGES TO ICANN'S PENDING REGISTRY PROPOSALS

Need to Protect \u2018Backbone\u2019 of Internet

HERNDON, Va. \u2013 September 14, 2006 \u2013 An expert report
released today concluded that in proposals for the .com, .biz, .info
and .org registries, the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and
Numbers (ICANN) has failed to ensure adequate security safeguards.
The report, written by leading security technology expert Jerry
Archer, recommends that oversight, planning and testing provisions be
implemented in the proposals to run these registries before they are
finalized.