[dns-operations] Media coverage of amplification attacks opening pandoras box?

Robert Story rstory+dnsops at sparta.com
Mon Mar 27 17:14:19 UTC 2006

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 00:07:16 -0600 Ameen wrote:
AP> One thing we could try is to get cooperation from the control panel software
AP> makers for dedicated servers like cpanel , plesk. Cpanel does nightly
AP> automatic updates and can easily upload a new named.conf to turn off
AP> recursive queries. Cpanel by default installs bind with open recursiveness,
AP> they could close 100's of thousands of recursive servers with this update.

A bug report was filed with cpanel on 3/22. If you would like to 'vote'
for this bug, all you need is an email address to register with their
bugzilla database. Register at bugzill.cpanel.net, then vote here:

  http://bugzilla.cpanel.net/votes.cgi?action=show_user&bug_id=4012#vote_4012

--
Robert Story